study in nz

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Practical English on Wednesday

Time is flying. Today is Wednesday again; it is Practical English time in the afternoon. Usually, we go to visit some interesting places in Dunedin or stay at school do some activities.

The week before last, we had a spelling competition at school which is similar to the New Zealand Great Spelling Bee on TV programmer on Sunday night, but our one is called the Polytechnic Great Spelling Bee. I took place in this competition, unfortunately, I didn’t win, but I’m glad that my best friend Jian won.

Last week, we visited ODT (Otago Daily Time). I really enjoyed it. Before this visiting, just like most of people, I thought it would be easy to make a newspaper. After that, I changed my mind. Everything is not easy. We visited the Press Room, Machinery Room and Print Room. It was amazing to see a huge machine was running and newspapers were flying on the transferring chain. As Channel 9 and the Star are all in the same building, we had a chance to visit Channel 9. The workers there were friendly; they answered any things we’ve asked and took some photos for us. It was the best time I've ever had.

This afternoon, we may do some activities at school instead visiting Dunedin Police Station, because of a bad weather. However, I like Wednesday afternoon, it's fun.

8 Comments:

  • Pariya was very happy that you enjoy practical English so much. Thank you for writing that.

    By Blogger Hadashi, at 8:36 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger +Seyoung+, at 11:56 AM  

  • Hi!
    I'm a MEI student in Maryland, USA.
    Well MEI is similar to ESL.(maybe same, I think)
    I think that making conversation with MEI and ESL in New Zealand is good way to learning English.

    So, just come to my blog~ and enjoy my post about my MEI school life~ and give me some comment plz~

    Nice to meet you~

    By Blogger +Seyoung+, at 11:57 AM  

  • Hello, Alice
    My name is Cindy. I'm studying in MEI at University of Maryland. I have ever studied in ESL in Washington DC. I think ESL is also a good school for study English. How do you think? Anyway, welcome to my blog and give me comment, thanks. ^^

    By Blogger Cindy, at 2:10 PM  

  • Hi guys,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and giving your comments. I really enjoy studying English at OPSOL, and i hope we can learn somethings from each other.

    By the way, I'll visit you guys blog right now.

    By Blogger blusky, at 9:13 PM  

  • Hey,
    I had read the blog,so it's glad, don't miss learning life and less fun.
    I have hope ...job from lucky numen!

    By Blogger CnRenzh, at 3:07 AM  

  • Hi there~
    I'm Sunghye from Korea. I'm just studying at MEI in University of Maryland. Nice to meet you^^ Are you having fun there? Let me know how you are. I want to know about you and your class~ If you have a time,please come to my blog^^

    By Blogger J, at 9:43 PM  

  • Hi Alice
    You have so many comments. People must be read to read more about you!

    By Blogger Hadashi, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home